NFL free agency update: LB Manny Lawson signs with Bills
|03.13.13 at 11:59 am ET|
Linebacker Manny Lawson signed a free agent deal with the Bills on Wednesday, after playing the last two seasons with the Bengals.
A first-round pick of the 49ers in 2006, Lawson has 248 tackles (165 solo) and 18 sacks in his seven NFL seasons. He had 30 tackles (21 solo) and two sacks in 2012.
Lawson said he’s a better fit for Buffalo’s 3-4 defense.
“At the end of the last season I told my agent that I really want to get back into the 3-4,” Lawson said in a story on the Bills’ website. “I really feel it maximizes my potential and really feel that it suits me better and suits the type of player I am. It just so happens that this organization is moving along those lines. We don’t know what we’re going to do yet here exactly, but I think I’m going to fit in perfectly.”
• Backup quarterback Bruce Gradkowski agreed to a three-year deal to join the Steelers, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported. Gradkowski, 30, spent the past two seasons with the Bengals after stints with the Raiders (2009-10), Browns (2008), Rams (2008) and Buccaneers (2006-07).
• The Giants agreed with free agent kicker Josh Brown to replace Lawrence Tynes, according to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger. Brown, 33, appeared in four games for the Bengals last season. He previously spent four seasons with the Rams (2008-11) and five years with the Seahawks (2003-07). In his 10-year NFL career, he’s hit 231-of-284 field goals (81.3 percent), with a long of 58 yards.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...