|NFL Network apologizes for expletives about Bill Belichick||03.13.13 at 11:17 am ET|
The NFL Network offered an apology Wednesday for accidentally airing a series of expletives a day earlier, apparently from Warren Sapp, who was commenting on a discussion about Patriots coach Bill Belichick‘s draft philosophy.
During a segment with host Scott Hanson and former Patriots and Chiefs executive Scott Pioli in which Belichick was discussed, a voice can be heard off camera whispering, “It’s the same [expletive] segment we had Mike Lombardi do. The [expletive] Bill Belichick [expletive] angle.”
Hanson later appeared to make a joking reference to the incident, saying, “Warren Sapp calling me out off camera. That’s not the first time that’s happened today.”
Host Chris Rose opened Wednesday’s “Free Agency Frenzy” show with an apology:
“Before we give you the news of the day we want to offer an apology,” Rose said. “Last night during some live programming, we accidentally aired an expletive. It will not happen again, so our sincerest apology to Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots, the Patriots family, Robert Kraft and his entire family, a classy organization out there. Once again, it’s not who we are, it’s not what we do, and it will not happen again.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Tedy Bruschi Elected To Patriots Hall Of Fame
- Jason Vega Speaks With the Pulpit
- Rob Gronkowski Undergoes Successful Forearm Surgery
- Patriots Sign WR Mark Harrison, K David Ruffer; Fill Roster
- Brandon Spikes Absent From Patriots OTAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/20/13 - Brady Better Than Ever; OTAs Begin
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'