Report: Pats offer to Wes Welker ‘lower than expected’
|03.13.13 at 11:34 am ET|
The Patriots offer to Wes Welker was “substantially lower than expected,” and as a result, he’s “seriously considering bolting” New England, according to Bert Breer of the NFL Network. The 31-year-old slot receiver, who caught at least 100 passes in five of the last six seasons for the Patriots, hasn’t been signed a day into the free agency period, and is now looking at offers from other teams, according to Breer.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples