Report: Pats offer to Wes Welker ‘lower than expected’
|03.13.13 at 11:34 am ET|
The Patriots offer to Wes Welker was “substantially lower than expected,” and as a result, he’s “seriously considering bolting” New England, according to Bert Breer of the NFL Network. The 31-year-old slot receiver, who caught at least 100 passes in five of the last six seasons for the Patriots, hasn’t been signed a day into the free agency period, and is now looking at offers from other teams, according to Breer.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards