Report: Pats offer to Wes Welker ‘lower than expected’
|03.13.13 at 11:34 am ET|
The Patriots offer to Wes Welker was “substantially lower than expected,” and as a result, he’s “seriously considering bolting” New England, according to Bert Breer of the NFL Network. The 31-year-old slot receiver, who caught at least 100 passes in five of the last six seasons for the Patriots, hasn’t been signed a day into the free agency period, and is now looking at offers from other teams, according to Breer.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick