Report: Pats offer to Wes Welker ‘lower than expected’
|03.13.13 at 11:34 am ET|
The Patriots offer to Wes Welker was “substantially lower than expected,” and as a result, he’s “seriously considering bolting” New England, according to Bert Breer of the NFL Network. The 31-year-old slot receiver, who caught at least 100 passes in five of the last six seasons for the Patriots, hasn’t been signed a day into the free agency period, and is now looking at offers from other teams, according to Breer.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video