|Reports: Patriots agree on deal with receiver Danny Amendola||03.13.13 at 7:34 pm ET|
The Patriots have agreed in principle on a five-year contract with free agent wide receiver Danny Amendola, according to multiple reports.
The 5-foot-10, 186-pound slot receiver out of Texas Tech, who will turn 28 next November, had 63 catches in 11 games in 2012 and a career-high 85 catches for 689 yards and three touchdowns in 2010. However, he has dealt with his share of injuries over the last few seasons — Amendola has played in 12 games the last two seasons because of heel, foot and clavicle problems.
The move to add Amendola appears to be an answer to the loss of Wes Welker. Earlier in the day, the veteran Welker left New England for Denver on a two-year, $10 million deal. According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Amendola’s deal is for five years and $31 million, with $10 million guaranteed.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Dwight Freeney Signs With Chargers; Pats Showed 'Last Minute Interest'
- USA Today: Gronkowski Dealing With Back Issue, Could Face (Another)...
- Patriots Sign Second-Round Pick Jamie Collins
- New England Patriots Links 5/17/13 - Hightower Understands Work Ethic...
- Rapoport: Gronkowski Forearm Surgery 'Imminent'; Likely To Be Monday
- Kyle Love Claimed By Jaguars; Joins Brandon Deaderick
- On Kyle Love