DE John Abraham reportedly will visit Patriots Friday
|03.14.13 at 10:30 pm ET|
More late-night Patriots news: the Patriots will be hosting free agent defensive end John Abraham on a visit on Friday, according to Albert Breer of the NFL Network.
The 34-year-old Abraham, who recently was cut loose by the Falcons after seven seasons in Atlanta, has spent a total of 13 seasons in the league, and the 6-foot-4, 263-pounder has at least 9.5 sacks in each of his last three seasons, and has 122 sacks over the course of his career.
Like the situation around Adrian Wilson, there’s some question as to how much Abraham has left in the tank. However, he could provide some depth at the defensive end spot for New England — the Patriots were able to squeeze good seasons out of both Andre Carter and Mark Anderson in 2011 as situational pass rushers. If they feel Abraham could provide the same sort of boost to a pass rush that was inconsistent at times over the course of the 2012 season, then Abraham has a good shot at making the roster.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed