DE John Abraham reportedly will visit Patriots Friday
|03.14.13 at 10:30 pm ET|
More late-night Patriots news: the Patriots will be hosting free agent defensive end John Abraham on a visit on Friday, according to Albert Breer of the NFL Network.
The 34-year-old Abraham, who recently was cut loose by the Falcons after seven seasons in Atlanta, has spent a total of 13 seasons in the league, and the 6-foot-4, 263-pounder has at least 9.5 sacks in each of his last three seasons, and has 122 sacks over the course of his career.
Like the situation around Adrian Wilson, there’s some question as to how much Abraham has left in the tank. However, he could provide some depth at the defensive end spot for New England — the Patriots were able to squeeze good seasons out of both Andre Carter and Mark Anderson in 2011 as situational pass rushers. If they feel Abraham could provide the same sort of boost to a pass rush that was inconsistent at times over the course of the 2012 season, then Abraham has a good shot at making the roster.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know