NFL free agency update: WR Greg Jennings reportedly will visit Vikings
|03.14.13 at 9:41 am ET|
With Wes Welker and Danny Amendola under agreement, the NFL free agent wide receiver focus is on Packers free agent Greg Jennings. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Jennings has a visit scheduled with the AFC North rival Vikings on Thursday. The Vikings have a hole after sending Percy Harvin to Seattle.
Jennings, 29, has spent all seven of his NFL seasons in Green Bay. He has 425 career receptions for 6,537 yards and 53 touchdowns. Last season he was limited to eight games due to injuries, and he had 36 catches for 366 yards and four touchdowns.
‘¢ Ravens free agent safety Ed Reed has a visit with the Texans on Thursday, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. The Ravens are believed to be interesting in re-signing Reed, especially after releasing safety Bernard Pollard.
‘¢ Defensive back LaRon Landry signed a reported four-year, $24 million deal with the Colts. Landry, 28, spent last season with the Jets, making the Pro Bowl after recording 100 tackles (76 solo), two interceptions and four forced fumbles in 16 games. He previously played five seasons for the Redskins, who drafted him sixth overall in 2007 out of LSU.
‘¢ The Lions lost a couple of defensive stalwarts, as tackle Sammie Hill agreed to a reported three-year, $11.4 million deal with the Titans and end Cliff Avril accepted a reported two-year, $15 million contract from the Seahawks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal