Report: Adrian Wilson to visit with Patriots
|03.14.13 at 10:10 pm ET|
The Patriots are going to host veteran safety Adrian Wilson on a visit, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.
Wilson, who was released last Friday by the Cardinals in a cap-related move, is a five-time Pro Bowler who spent the last 12 seasons in Arizona. The 33-year-old is a 6-foot-3, 230-pounder out of North Carolina State who has a rep around the league as a high-character guy and great locker-room influence.
“In every franchise, there is a select group of players whose contributions earn them iconic status and for us, Adrian Wilson will always be one of those players,” Cardinals President Michael Bidwill said in a statement issued by the team when Wilson was released.
“He joined us at a key time in our organization’s evolution and helped lead us into a new era. We will always be grateful for that and look forward to the day when he’s placed in the Ring of Honor at University of Phoenix Stadium alongside the other all-time great Cardinals.”
Honestly, the question right now might be how much he has left in the tank. His role started to shrink in 2011, and was pulled off the field as a nickel defensive back at several points late in 2012. Still in all, he played in 15 games last season (14 starts) with 54 tackles (39 of them solo), to go along with five passes defensed and an interception. For his career, he has 27 career picks (including five in 2009) and 87 career passes defensed, including 14 in 2011 and 13 in 2009.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors
- Biggest Challenges Facing New England Patriots in 2017 Offseason
- Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Comeback to Be Made into Book and Feature Film
- Malcolm Butler's Life Story to Be Subject of Biographical Movie
- Julian Edelman Says Jimmy Garoppolo Has Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers...