NFL free agency update: Jets reportedly sign RB Mike Goodson
|03.15.13 at 10:57 am ET|
After watching a parade of free agents leave New York, the Jets finally welcomed one. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, former Raiders running back Mike Goodson signed a three-year deal with $6.9 million to play for Rex Ryan.
Goodson, 25, rushed 35 times for 221 yards in 12 games last season, after three years of limited duty with the Panthers.The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder was a fourth-round pick of Carolina in 2009 out of Texas A&M.
He’ll try to replace Shonn Greene, who left the Jets for the Titans.
‘¢ The 49ers are in “serious discussion” with free agent defensive backs Nnamdi Asomugha and Charles Woodson, according to the NFL Network’s Akbar Gbaja-Biamila.
Asomugha, who was a disappointment the past two seasons after signing a free agent contract with the Eagles in 2011, and Woodson, coming off a seven-year stint with the Packers, were teammates with the Raiders from 2003-05.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL