NFL free agency update: Jets reportedly sign RB Mike Goodson
|03.15.13 at 10:57 am ET|
After watching a parade of free agents leave New York, the Jets finally welcomed one. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, former Raiders running back Mike Goodson signed a three-year deal with $6.9 million to play for Rex Ryan.
Goodson, 25, rushed 35 times for 221 yards in 12 games last season, after three years of limited duty with the Panthers.The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder was a fourth-round pick of Carolina in 2009 out of Texas A&M.
He’ll try to replace Shonn Greene, who left the Jets for the Titans.
‘¢ The 49ers are in “serious discussion” with free agent defensive backs Nnamdi Asomugha and Charles Woodson, according to the NFL Network’s Akbar Gbaja-Biamila.
Asomugha, who was a disappointment the past two seasons after signing a free agent contract with the Eagles in 2011, and Woodson, coming off a seven-year stint with the Packers, were teammates with the Raiders from 2003-05.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?