NFL free agency update: Matt Cassel lands with Vikings
|03.15.13 at 8:44 am ET|
The deal reportedly is for one year and $4 million. Cassel was due to make $7.5 million in Kansas City this year. At Minnesota, he’s expected to have a chance to challenge for the starting job against incumbent Christian Ponder.
The former Patriots backup spent four seasons with the Chiefs, making the 2010 Pro Bowl but struggling the last two years.
Jackson, 29, rushed for 1,042 yards in 2012, his eighth straight season surpassing the 1,000-yard mark. He replaces Michael Turner, who was released by the Falcons two weeks ago.
‘¢ Linebacker Nick Roach reportedly is leaving the Bears for the Raiders. Roach, 27, had 84 tackles last season. He moved from the strong side to the middle for the final four games following Brian Urlacher‘s injury problems.
‘¢ The Eagles, who already signed safety Patrick Chung from the Patriots and cornerback Bradley Fletcher from the Rams, continued to work on their defensive backfield Thursday, agreeing to deals with former Ravens cornerback Cary Williams and ex-Giants safety Kenny Phillips. Later Thursday, they added former Texans linebacker Connor Barwin on a six-year deal.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples