Patriots reportedly negotiating with Brandon Lloyd for restructured deal
|03.15.13 at 12:20 pm ET|
It’s been speculated that the Patriots would cut wide receiver Brandon Lloyd before his $3 million roster bonus is due this weekend. According to ESPN’s Mike Reiss, the Pats and Lloyd are negotiating a restructured contract that so that Lloyd could return under a more team-friendly deal.
Lloyd is due a base salary of $1.9 million in 2013, with a salary cap charge of $4.9 million.
The 31-year-old Lloyd had 74 catches for 911 yards and four touchdowns in 2012, his first season in New England. He’s played for five other teams since joining the NFL in 2003.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...