Patriots reportedly negotiating with Brandon Lloyd for restructured deal
|03.15.13 at 12:20 pm ET|
It’s been speculated that the Patriots would cut wide receiver Brandon Lloyd before his $3 million roster bonus is due this weekend. According to ESPN’s Mike Reiss, the Pats and Lloyd are negotiating a restructured contract that so that Lloyd could return under a more team-friendly deal.
Lloyd is due a base salary of $1.9 million in 2013, with a salary cap charge of $4.9 million.
The 31-year-old Lloyd had 74 catches for 911 yards and four touchdowns in 2012, his first season in New England. He’s played for five other teams since joining the NFL in 2003.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...