Patriots reportedly negotiating with Brandon Lloyd for restructured deal
|03.15.13 at 12:20 pm ET|
It’s been speculated that the Patriots would cut wide receiver Brandon Lloyd before his $3 million roster bonus is due this weekend. According to ESPN’s Mike Reiss, the Pats and Lloyd are negotiating a restructured contract that so that Lloyd could return under a more team-friendly deal.
Lloyd is due a base salary of $1.9 million in 2013, with a salary cap charge of $4.9 million.
The 31-year-old Lloyd had 74 catches for 911 yards and four touchdowns in 2012, his first season in New England. He’s played for five other teams since joining the NFL in 2003.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...