Report: DE Dwight Freeney will visit with Patriots
|03.15.13 at 8:41 am ET|
Free agent defensive end Dwight Freeney will visit the Patriots on Friday, according to Tom E. Curran of CSNNE.com. Freeney, 33, is an 11-year veteran who was taken in the first round by the Colts out of Syracuse in 2002. Over the course of his career, he’s racked up 107.5 sacks, including 13.5 over the last two seasons with Indy.
You never know how much of this part of the dance between a free agent and a team is simply kicking the tires to see how much they have left and how much is genuine interest. However, this appears to be along the same lines as their interest in veteran free agent defensive end John Abraham, who will also be coming in for a visit on Friday. The Patriots were able to squeeze one good year out of veteran end rusher Andre Carter back in 2011 — it appears they could be thinking the same way with their interest in both Freeney and Abraham.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty