Patriots release wide receiver Brandon Lloyd
|03.16.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Saturday that they have released wide receiver Brandon Lloyd. The news was first reported by the Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe. Lloyd was due a $3 million roster bonus this weekend and had been reportedly negotiating a restructured deal with the team. The veteran receiver was due a base salary of $1.9 million in 2013, with a salary cap charge of $4.9 million.
The 31-year-old Lloyd had 74 catches for 911 yards and four touchdowns in 2012, his first season in New England. He’s played for five other teams since joining the NFL in 2003.
For more Patriots news, visit the team page at weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick