Patriots release wide receiver Brandon Lloyd
|03.16.13 at 3:27 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Saturday that they have released wide receiver Brandon Lloyd. The news was first reported by the Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe. Lloyd was due a $3 million roster bonus this weekend and had been reportedly negotiating a restructured deal with the team. The veteran receiver was due a base salary of $1.9 million in 2013, with a salary cap charge of $4.9 million.
The 31-year-old Lloyd had 74 catches for 911 yards and four touchdowns in 2012, his first season in New England. He’s played for five other teams since joining the NFL in 2003.
For more Patriots news, visit the team page at weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL