Updates on the Patriots and Emmanuel Sanders, John Abraham and Dwight Freeney
|03.16.13 at 2:42 pm ET|
With the understanding that things can change quickly when it comes to free agency, here are a couple of updates on what are very fluid situations involving the Patriots at this hour:
‘¢As of this moment — which means it could change instantly — the Patriots have not signed wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. There have been conflicting reports regarding New England and Sanders over the last 24 hours, but as of right now, there’s no deal between the two sides. Sanders, who turns 26 Sunday, caught 44 passes for 626 yards and one touchdown in 2012, starting seven games. In his three-year career, Sanders has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five TDs. A third-round pick in 2010 out of SMU, he was expected to start in 2013 for Pittsburgh, which already lost free agent receiver Mike Wallace to the Dolphins this week.
‘¢As for Dwight Freeney and John Abraham, Rapoport is indicating that both veteran defensive ends had left town as of Saturday afternoon, which would indicate that there is no short-term deal imminent regarding ether player. The 34-year-old Abraham, who recently was cut loose by the Falcons after seven seasons in Atlanta, has spent a total of 13 seasons in the league, and has a similar resume to Andre Carter: The 6-foot-4, 263-pounder has at least 9.5 sacks in each of his last three seasons, and has 122 sacks over the course of his career. As for Freeney, the Connecticut native is an 11-year veteran who was taken in the first round by the Colts out of Syracuse in 2002. Over the course of his impressive career, the 33-year-old Freeney racked up 107.5 sacks, including 13.5 over the last two seasons with Indy.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...