Bill Belichick: Nothing to add on Wes Welker situation
|03.19.13 at 12:20 pm ET|
Bill Belichick sidestepped any questions regarding the Wes Welker situation on Tuesday, saying that “there are changes every year on every team,” and adding that he agreed with what owner Robert Kraft said Monday regarding the negotiation.
Speaking at the AFC coaches breakfast at the annual NFL meetings, Belichick was asked if it was a tough negotiation regarding Welker. He said: “I think Wes was everything we hoped we would be when we traded for him. He was tough, competitive and very productive. I think what Robert said [Monday] covered it pretty thoroughly. I don’t have anything to add to that.
“I agree with what Robert said [Monday]. I thought he did a good job explaining the situation. I don’t have anything to add to it. It’s been covered, very thoroughly.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves