Bill Belichick: Nothing to add on Wes Welker situation
|03.19.13 at 12:20 pm ET|
Bill Belichick sidestepped any questions regarding the Wes Welker situation on Tuesday, saying that “there are changes every year on every team,” and adding that he agreed with what owner Robert Kraft said Monday regarding the negotiation.
Speaking at the AFC coaches breakfast at the annual NFL meetings, Belichick was asked if it was a tough negotiation regarding Welker. He said: “I think Wes was everything we hoped we would be when we traded for him. He was tough, competitive and very productive. I think what Robert said [Monday] covered it pretty thoroughly. I don’t have anything to add to that.
“I agree with what Robert said [Monday]. I thought he did a good job explaining the situation. I don’t have anything to add to it. It’s been covered, very thoroughly.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied