Bill Belichick: Nothing to add on Wes Welker situation
|03.19.13 at 12:20 pm ET|
Bill Belichick sidestepped any questions regarding the Wes Welker situation on Tuesday, saying that “there are changes every year on every team,” and adding that he agreed with what owner Robert Kraft said Monday regarding the negotiation.
Speaking at the AFC coaches breakfast at the annual NFL meetings, Belichick was asked if it was a tough negotiation regarding Welker. He said: “I think Wes was everything we hoped we would be when we traded for him. He was tough, competitive and very productive. I think what Robert said [Monday] covered it pretty thoroughly. I don’t have anything to add to that.
“I agree with what Robert said [Monday]. I thought he did a good job explaining the situation. I don’t have anything to add to it. It’s been covered, very thoroughly.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Deflategate, Applauds Patriots for 'Ignoring the...
- Malcolm Butler Went from One-Play Wonder to Starter
- Roster Projections for New England Patriots
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report