Bill Belichick on Rob Gronkowski: ‘Let’s stick to football questions’
|03.19.13 at 3:20 pm ET|
Patriots coach Bill Belichick was asked Tuesday about Rob Gronkowski‘s offseason, which has included not only rehab from a series of arm issues the big tight end suffered over the course of the 2012 season, but also some extracurricular appearances at various hotspots around the country.
Belichick, answering questions at the AFC coaches breakfast during the annual NFL meetings in Phoenix, was asked if Gronkowski was on track for training camp.
“Well, that’s a long way away,” he told reporters. “A lot of players have a lot of things to do between now and then. Coaches, for that matter, in terms of just getting ready for the season. I’m sure, hopefully, everyone will be working hard at it. We’ll see how it comes out.”
Belichick was asked if he was happy about Gronkowski’s rehab.
“With his rehab? I mean, again, every player has a process they go through to get ready for the offseason program and training camp,” Belichick said. “Every player, or most every player, has to deal with some aspect of it, including the normal things like conditioning, overall training relative to their physical abilities at their position.
“The program hasn’t started yet. When the program starts on April 15, we’ll have a lot better evaluation of where everyone is. There’s some limited information now, but I wouldn’t put too much on that at this point. I’d say in most cases, it’s pretty incomplete.”
Belichick was asked if he had a chance to catch Gronkowski’s shirtless dancing routine onstage in Vegas, an act that included Gronkowski putting a mock-wrestling move on a pal.
“Let’s stick to football questions,” Belichick said.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England