Patriots re-sign CB Marquice Cole, LB Niko Koutouvides
|03.20.13 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Wednesday that they have re-signed cornerback Marquice Cole and linebacker Niko Koutouvides, the latter of which had been previously reported. Here’s a portion of the press release issued by the team on the moves:
Cole, 29, is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the Jets (2009-11) and the Patriots (2012). The 5-10, 192-pounder joined New England as a free agent on March 19. He played in 14 games with one start last season and finished with 12 total tackles, one interception, three passes defensed and seven special teams tackles. He played in both postseason games and added four defensive tackles and four special teams tackles.
Koutouvides, 31, went to training camp with New England last summer but was released on Aug. 31 before being re-signed on Sept. 19. He played in each of the final 14 games of the Patriots’ 2012 season and both postseason games. The 6-foot-2, 228-pounder registered eight special teams tackles and one tackle on defense in the regular season and one special teams tackle in the postseason. Koutouvides originally signed with New England on Aug. 14, 2011, but was released when the team trimmed the roster to 53 prior to the start of the season. He returned to the team at midseason and played in 11 games and all three postseason games.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Rookie Cyrus Jones Fits in Patriots Defense
- Patriots Long Snapper, May Leave Team to Fulfill Navy Duty
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions