Patriots re-sign CB Marquice Cole, LB Niko Koutouvides
|03.20.13 at 3:55 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Wednesday that they have re-signed cornerback Marquice Cole and linebacker Niko Koutouvides, the latter of which had been previously reported. Here’s a portion of the press release issued by the team on the moves:
Cole, 29, is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the Jets (2009-11) and the Patriots (2012). The 5-10, 192-pounder joined New England as a free agent on March 19. He played in 14 games with one start last season and finished with 12 total tackles, one interception, three passes defensed and seven special teams tackles. He played in both postseason games and added four defensive tackles and four special teams tackles.
Koutouvides, 31, went to training camp with New England last summer but was released on Aug. 31 before being re-signed on Sept. 19. He played in each of the final 14 games of the Patriots’ 2012 season and both postseason games. The 6-foot-2, 228-pounder registered eight special teams tackles and one tackle on defense in the regular season and one special teams tackle in the postseason. Koutouvides originally signed with New England on Aug. 14, 2011, but was released when the team trimmed the roster to 53 prior to the start of the season. He returned to the team at midseason and played in 11 games and all three postseason games.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons