Former Patriot Ted Johnson apologizes for insulting Vince Wilfork’s wife on radio show
|03.22.13 at 1:24 pm ET|
I have personally apologized to the family and feel awful.It was a huge error in judgment and I’m sorry for upsetting Vince’s family.
Ted Johnson, a former Patriots linebacker who now appears on a radio show in Houston, apologized Friday after insulting Patriots defensive lineman Vince Wilfork‘s wife.
Asked which former teammate had the ugliest wife, Johnson said, “He won’t hear this: Vince Wilfork.”
Audio of the segment made its way around the Internet on Friday, leading to Wilfork tweeting: @tedj52 your barking up the wrong tree I hear and see everything [expletive].
Added Wilfork: Let me apologize to my fans in advance of whatever I may say today but I do not play when it comes to my family.
Wilfork included a picture of a note, on which he wrote:
Every1 is entitled to their own opinion but it is [expletive] up when a x-teammate that I actually looked up to and enjoyed playing with takes shots at my wife for whatever reasons. I love my wife and my family She is my everything. I don’t care when this was said no one should cross that line. The line has been crossed so it is what it is. All I wann say is [expletive] you! you don’t want to [expletive] with me or my family take shots at me all day but not them I have a great family life and blessed to have them.
Johnson responded with a series of tweets, including: I just made a huge error in judgement and want to apologize to Vince and his wife for comments I made earlier today on a Houston radio show.
And: I have personally apologized to the family and feel awful. It was a huge error in judgment and I’m sorry for upsetting Vince’s family.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal