NFL free agency update: Elvis Dumervil agrees to deal with Ravens
|03.24.13 at 9:21 pm ET|
The Ravens finally have some good offseason news.
After an offseason that saw them lose a flood of talent from a Super Bowl roster, Baltimore agreed to a contract with defensive end Elvis Dumervil Sunday night. Dumervil, who was released by the Broncos after a contract snafu involving a late fax, appeared ticketed for a return to Denver, but the Ravens have swooped in and added an elite defender to their roster. According to reports, Dumervil will be in Maryland in Tuesday to take a physical and sign a five-year contract.
The Ravens, who have lost safeties Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard (free agency), linebacker Ray Lewis (retirement), defensive end Paul Kruger (free agency) and wide receiver Anquan Boldin (traded after refusing to accept pay cut) this offseason, have now added Dumervil, who should add a spark to the Baltimore defense. Dumervil is a three-time Pro Bowl selection who had 63½ sacks and 16 forced fumbles in six seasons with the Broncos.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick