NFL free agency update: Elvis Dumervil agrees to deal with Ravens
|03.24.13 at 9:21 pm ET|
The Ravens finally have some good offseason news.
After an offseason that saw them lose a flood of talent from a Super Bowl roster, Baltimore agreed to a contract with defensive end Elvis Dumervil Sunday night. Dumervil, who was released by the Broncos after a contract snafu involving a late fax, appeared ticketed for a return to Denver, but the Ravens have swooped in and added an elite defender to their roster. According to reports, Dumervil will be in Maryland in Tuesday to take a physical and sign a five-year contract.
The Ravens, who have lost safeties Ed Reed and Bernard Pollard (free agency), linebacker Ray Lewis (retirement), defensive end Paul Kruger (free agency) and wide receiver Anquan Boldin (traded after refusing to accept pay cut) this offseason, have now added Dumervil, who should add a spark to the Baltimore defense. Dumervil is a three-time Pro Bowl selection who had 63½ sacks and 16 forced fumbles in six seasons with the Broncos.
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...