Report: Sebastian Vollmer’s deal could max out at four years, $27 million
|03.25.13 at 5:41 pm ET|
The Patriots and right tackle Sebastian Vollmer have agreed to terms, with Pro Football Talk reporting that the four-year contract has $8.25 million in guarantees for the big German, with a base value of $17 million through 2016.
There will also reportedly be $9 million in playing-time incentives and bonuses, with a $1 million bonus for making the Pro Bowl. All told, Mike Garofalo of USA Today is reporting that the deal maxes out at a potential $27 million.
The deal is a good one for both sides: Vollmer nets a nice payday fairly commensurate with his overall value to the Patriots, as well as his status as one of the best tackles in the league (especially when measured against some of the other deals that top-level tackles have received this offseason). Meanwhile, New England has apparently guarded itself against Vollmer’s occasionally spotty injury history with some playing time incentives that could pay off in the long run for the former second-round pick out of Houston.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL