NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Virginia OT Oday Aboushi
|03.26.13 at 12:15 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one of a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots make a selection.
Position: Offensive tackle
Weight: 310 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-ACC first team (AP, coaches), 2011 All-ACC second team
What he brings: Aboushi’s height and ability to drag his defender to the ground has been identified as one of his key attributes. Analysts also note that Aboushi has very good recovery speed and is able to cut off spin moves. He has experience at both left and right tackle, and he shows some quickness off of the snap. Scouts have pointed out his physicality and aggressiveness, as well as his ability to move his man downfield, enabling the running back to have open field.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: Aboushi is one of 10 children. One of his brothers, Aymen, was a standout defensive lineman at Fordham in the early 2000s. Both of his parents were born in Palestine and speak Arabic occasionally. … He started all 37 games during his sophomore, junior and senior seasons.
Related articles: WEEI.com: Oday Aboushi meets with Patriots
Video: Here’s a look at Aboushi in action vs. North Carolina in 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick