NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Virginia OT Oday Aboushi
|03.26.13 at 12:15 pm ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one of a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots make a selection.
Position: Offensive tackle
Weight: 310 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-ACC first team (AP, coaches), 2011 All-ACC second team
What he brings: Aboushi’s height and ability to drag his defender to the ground has been identified as one of his key attributes. Analysts also note that Aboushi has very good recovery speed and is able to cut off spin moves. He has experience at both left and right tackle, and he shows some quickness off of the snap. Scouts have pointed out his physicality and aggressiveness, as well as his ability to move his man downfield, enabling the running back to have open field.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: Aboushi is one of 10 children. One of his brothers, Aymen, was a standout defensive lineman at Fordham in the early 2000s. Both of his parents were born in Palestine and speak Arabic occasionally. … He started all 37 games during his sophomore, junior and senior seasons.
Related articles: WEEI.com: Oday Aboushi meets with Patriots
Video: Here’s a look at Aboushi in action vs. North Carolina in 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...