NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: UConn LB Sio Moore
|03.27.13 at 7:09 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one of a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Outside linebacker
Weight: 245 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-Big East first team (coaches), 2012 preseason watch list for Butkus Award and Lombardi Award
What he brings: NFL draft scouts have been impressed with Moore’s discipline, as well as his tackling ability. He does a good job wrapping up the ball-carrier at the waist and leg, stopping him from gaining additional yards after the catch. Also, he’s a good coverage linebacker, winning jump balls, getting deflections and making interceptions on easier plays. He has good speed and awareness, make Moore a “classic 4-3 weakside linebacker” candidate, according to Rob Rang of CBSsports.com. Moore has been compared to former Giants linebacker Michael Boley.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: In 2012, Moore was first on the Huskies with 15.5 tackles for a loss, and second in the entire Big East at 1.29 per game. He also finished with 72 tackles, including 45 solo. In a 2010 season when Moore earned Big East Defensive Player of the week twice, he totaled 110 tackles and 1.5 sacks. … Moore, who was born in Liberia, has the full first name of Snorsio.
Video: Here’s a look at Moore in a 2012 game vs. Pittsburgh.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...