Patriots officially announce signing of Michael Jenkins
|03.28.13 at 6:58 pm ET|
Jenkins, 30, is a veteran of nine NFL seasons with the Atlanta Falcons (2004-10) and Minnesota Vikings (2011-12). The 6-foot-4, 214-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a first-round draft choice (No. 29 overall) by the Falcons out of Ohio State in 2004. He was released by Atlanta on July 29, 2011, and signed by Minnesota on July 30. After two seasons with the Vikings, Jenkins was released March 5, 2013.
Jenkins has played in 130 NFL games with 79 starts and has 354 receptions for 4,427 yards and 25 touchdowns. Last season, he played in 16 games with eight starts and finished with 40 receptions for 447 yards and two touchdowns. Jenkins set career-highs with Atlanta by compiling 53 receptions in 2007, 777 receiving yards in 2008 and seven touchdown receptions in 2006.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brady's Struggles Not a Major Concern
- What We've Learned Through Week 2 of Pats Preseason
- Previewing Patriots' Preseason Week 3 Matchup
- Patriots Preseason Week 2 Stock Report
- Report: Edelman's Wk 1 Status Uncertain
- Is Signing Wayne a Smart Move for Pats?
- NFL Files Letter in Response to Brady's Case Examples