Patriots officially announce signing of Michael Jenkins
|03.28.13 at 6:58 pm ET|
The news of the Michael Jenkins signing broke earlier in the day on Thursday, but the Patriots made it official Thursday afternoon. Here’s a portion of the press release issued by the team:
Jenkins, 30, is a veteran of nine NFL seasons with the Atlanta Falcons (2004-10) and Minnesota Vikings (2011-12). The 6-foot-4, 214-pounder, originally entered the NFL as a first-round draft choice (No. 29 overall) by the Falcons out of Ohio State in 2004. He was released by Atlanta on July 29, 2011, and signed by Minnesota on July 30. After two seasons with the Vikings, Jenkins was released March 5, 2013.
Jenkins has played in 130 NFL games with 79 starts and has 354 receptions for 4,427 yards and 25 touchdowns. Last season, he played in 16 games with eight starts and finished with 40 receptions for 447 yards and two touchdowns. Jenkins set career-highs with Atlanta by compiling 53 receptions in 2007, 777 receiving yards in 2008 and seven touchdown receptions in 2006.
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns