Danny Amendola: Work with Tom Brady will start next week
|03.29.13 at 11:57 pm ET|
One of the reasons Tom Brady and Wes Welker were able to build the sort of bond that led to Welker’s dominance over the last six years was the fact they spent a ton of time together in the offseason — outside of the offseason workout programs — working together on the quarterback-receiver relationship. The two spent plenty of time engaged in offseason throwing sessions in Southern California, working together to help understand exactly what the other one needed.
And so when the Patriots fundamentally swapped Welker for Danny Amendola earlier this month, the first job for Amendola was to make sure he join Brady for some of those offseason sessions. (Sessions that will also apparently include tight end Aaron Herandez.) And this week, Amendola said he’s already reached out to Brady to try and set up a time to get together.
‘I’ve talked with Tom a couple times — just trying to get some scheduling down [figuring out when] we want to get together and throw here — starting probably next week — and go from there,’ Amendola told 101ESPN St. Louis on Monday. ‘I’m ready to get working with him.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...