Danny Amendola: Work with Tom Brady will start next week
|03.29.13 at 11:57 pm ET|
One of the reasons Tom Brady and Wes Welker were able to build the sort of bond that led to Welker’s dominance over the last six years was the fact they spent a ton of time together in the offseason — outside of the offseason workout programs — working together on the quarterback-receiver relationship. The two spent plenty of time engaged in offseason throwing sessions in Southern California, working together to help understand exactly what the other one needed.
And so when the Patriots fundamentally swapped Welker for Danny Amendola earlier this month, the first job for Amendola was to make sure he join Brady for some of those offseason sessions. (Sessions that will also apparently include tight end Aaron Herandez.) And this week, Amendola said he’s already reached out to Brady to try and set up a time to get together.
‘I’ve talked with Tom a couple times — just trying to get some scheduling down [figuring out when] we want to get together and throw here — starting probably next week — and go from there,’ Amendola told 101ESPN St. Louis on Monday. ‘I’m ready to get working with him.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied