Source: Tyrann ‘Honey Badger’ Mathieu will visit with Patriots
|03.29.13 at 3:31 pm ET|
The Patriots will hold a pre-draft visit with former Louisiana State cornerback Tyrann Mathieu, according to a league source.
Mathieu, formerly known as “The Honey Badger,” won the Chuck Bednarik award in 2011 as the best defensive college player in the country and was a Heisman finalist. However, he was booted from LSU for repeated violations of its drug policy. In all, the 5-foot-9, 176-pounder played two seasons for Louisiana State, and had 133 tackles (93 solo) and four picks in that stretch.
He reportedly has several predraft visits lined up, including one with the Niners.
The news of the visit was first reported by the Boston Herald. For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?