Source: Tyrann ‘Honey Badger’ Mathieu will visit with Patriots
|03.29.13 at 3:31 pm ET|
The Patriots will hold a pre-draft visit with former Louisiana State cornerback Tyrann Mathieu, according to a league source.
Mathieu, formerly known as “The Honey Badger,” won the Chuck Bednarik award in 2011 as the best defensive college player in the country and was a Heisman finalist. However, he was booted from LSU for repeated violations of its drug policy. In all, the 5-foot-9, 176-pounder played two seasons for Louisiana State, and had 133 tackles (93 solo) and four picks in that stretch.
He reportedly has several predraft visits lined up, including one with the Niners.
The news of the visit was first reported by the Boston Herald. For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England