NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore
|03.30.13 at 8:36 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one of a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Defensive end
School: Texas A&M
Weight: 250 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-SEC first team (coaches), 2010 All-Big 12 Freshman team (ESPN.com), 2010 National Defensive Performer of the Week (College Football Performance Awards)
What he brings: Many draft scouts have been impressed by Moore’s quick first step and his ability to use his strong, long arms to get through blocks. He has also displayed good flexibility and a good spin move to get past the offensive line. CBSSports’ Rob Rang has noted Moore’s strong tackling, ability to force fumbles and awareness. He has been compared to John Abraham. He also has shown the strong ability to change direction in his pursuit of the quarterback.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 1
Notes: Moore began his career with the Aggies as a linebacker before moving to defensive end in 2012. He had a career-high 17 tackles in a 2012 win over Louisiana Tech. In his sophomore season in 2011, Moore led the Aggies in tackles for losses (17.5/70). He had 40 tackles, 5.5 sacks, one interception and three forced fumbles while serving as Von Miller‘s backup in 2010.
Video: Here’s a package of Moore highlights from 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...