Report: Patriots submit offer sheet to WR Emmanuel Sanders
|04.10.13 at 10:41 am ET|
The Patriots have submitted a one-year offer sheet to restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.
The Steelers now have five days to match the offer to Sanders — a one-year contract — and keep the receiver, or decide to pass and allow Sanders to join New England. If the Patriots do acquire Sanders, it would cost them their third-round pick in this year’s draft, which is 91st overall.
Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 180-pounder out of SMU, has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five touchdowns in his three-year career with the Steelers.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal