Report: Patriots submit offer sheet to WR Emmanuel Sanders
|04.10.13 at 10:41 am ET|
The Patriots have submitted a one-year offer sheet to restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.
The Steelers now have five days to match the offer to Sanders — a one-year contract — and keep the receiver, or decide to pass and allow Sanders to join New England. If the Patriots do acquire Sanders, it would cost them their third-round pick in this year’s draft, which is 91st overall.
Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 180-pounder out of SMU, has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five touchdowns in his three-year career with the Steelers.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble