Report: Patriots submit offer sheet to WR Emmanuel Sanders
|04.10.13 at 10:41 am ET|
The Patriots have submitted a one-year offer sheet to restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.
The Steelers now have five days to match the offer to Sanders — a one-year contract — and keep the receiver, or decide to pass and allow Sanders to join New England. If the Patriots do acquire Sanders, it would cost them their third-round pick in this year’s draft, which is 91st overall.
Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 180-pounder out of SMU, has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five touchdowns in his three-year career with the Steelers.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England