Report: Patriots submit offer sheet to WR Emmanuel Sanders
|04.10.13 at 10:41 am ET|
The Patriots have submitted a one-year offer sheet to restricted free agent Emmanuel Sanders, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.
The Steelers now have five days to match the offer to Sanders — a one-year contract — and keep the receiver, or decide to pass and allow Sanders to join New England. If the Patriots do acquire Sanders, it would cost them their third-round pick in this year’s draft, which is 91st overall.
Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 180-pounder out of SMU, has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five touchdowns in his three-year career with the Steelers.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class