Father of Danny Amendola filing suit against Cowboys Stadium after golf cart accident
|04.11.13 at 4:23 pm ET|
The father of Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola has filed a $1 million lawsuit against Cowboys Stadium in the wake of an incident after a 2011 high school game.
Willie Amendola, the father of one of New England’s newest receivers, is a coach at Spring Dekaney High School, and was on the field when a runaway golf cart careened into a group of people on the field at Cowboys Stadium. As you can see from the above video, the unmanned cart took off after an end zone pylon accidentally became wedged against the accelerator and went shooting downfield. The cart collided with a group of people — including Amendola — at midfield, then carried the coach roughly 30 yards. Amendola was saved when someone was able to jump on the cart, remove the pylon and apply the brakes.
According to the suit, Amendola suffered “great personal anguish and embarrassment” to him and his family following the incident.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty