Father of Danny Amendola filing suit against Cowboys Stadium after golf cart accident
|04.11.13 at 4:23 pm ET|
The father of Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola has filed a $1 million lawsuit against Cowboys Stadium in the wake of an incident after a 2011 high school game.
Willie Amendola, the father of one of New England’s newest receivers, is a coach at Spring Dekaney High School, and was on the field when a runaway golf cart careened into a group of people on the field at Cowboys Stadium. As you can see from the above video, the unmanned cart took off after an end zone pylon accidentally became wedged against the accelerator and went shooting downfield. The cart collided with a group of people — including Amendola — at midfield, then carried the coach roughly 30 yards. Amendola was saved when someone was able to jump on the cart, remove the pylon and apply the brakes.
According to the suit, Amendola suffered “great personal anguish and embarrassment” to him and his family following the incident.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl