Steelers match Patriots’ offer to WR Emmanuel Sanders
|04.14.13 at 6:30 pm ET|
The Steelers announced Sunday they have matched the restricted free agent offer sheet on wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, which means Sanders will stay with Pittsburgh.
The Patriots submitted an offer sheet to the receiver last week with the intention of adding the 26-year-old receiver, but with the deadline to match looming (the Steelers had to make a decision by Sunday at 11:59 p.m.), Pittsburgh decided to match it. Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 180-pounder out of SMU, has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five touchdowns in his three-year career with Pittsburgh.
Because of the RFA tag, if the Patriots had landed Sanders, it would have cost them their third-round pick in this month’s draft.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye