Steelers match Patriots’ offer to WR Emmanuel Sanders
|04.14.13 at 6:30 pm ET|
The Steelers announced Sunday they have matched the restricted free agent offer sheet on wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, which means Sanders will stay with Pittsburgh.
The Patriots submitted an offer sheet to the receiver last week with the intention of adding the 26-year-old receiver, but with the deadline to match looming (the Steelers had to make a decision by Sunday at 11:59 p.m.), Pittsburgh decided to match it. Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 180-pounder out of SMU, has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five touchdowns in his three-year career with Pittsburgh.
Because of the RFA tag, if the Patriots had landed Sanders, it would have cost them their third-round pick in this month’s draft.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick