Steelers match Patriots’ offer to WR Emmanuel Sanders
|04.14.13 at 6:30 pm ET|
The Steelers announced Sunday they have matched the restricted free agent offer sheet on wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, which means Sanders will stay with Pittsburgh.
The Patriots submitted an offer sheet to the receiver last week with the intention of adding the 26-year-old receiver, but with the deadline to match looming (the Steelers had to make a decision by Sunday at 11:59 p.m.), Pittsburgh decided to match it. Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 180-pounder out of SMU, has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five touchdowns in his three-year career with Pittsburgh.
Because of the RFA tag, if the Patriots had landed Sanders, it would have cost them their third-round pick in this month’s draft.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England