Steelers match Patriots’ offer to WR Emmanuel Sanders
|04.14.13 at 6:30 pm ET|
The Steelers announced Sunday they have matched the restricted free agent offer sheet on wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, which means Sanders will stay with Pittsburgh.
The Patriots submitted an offer sheet to the receiver last week with the intention of adding the 26-year-old receiver, but with the deadline to match looming (the Steelers had to make a decision by Sunday at 11:59 p.m.), Pittsburgh decided to match it. Sanders, a 5-foot-11, 180-pounder out of SMU, has 94 receptions for 1,290 yards and five touchdowns in his three-year career with Pittsburgh.
Because of the RFA tag, if the Patriots had landed Sanders, it would have cost them their third-round pick in this month’s draft.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed