NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Rutgers LB Khaseem Greene
|04.18.13 at 7:13 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one of a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Outside linebacker
Weight: 241 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-Big East first team (coaches), 2012 Big East Defensive Player of the Year (coaches), 2011 Big East Co-Defensive Player of the Year
What he brings: Analysts point out that during his time with Rutgers, Greene had a knack for taking advantage of open lanes by tracking down ball-carriers behind the line of scrimmage or from behind. NFL.com also points out that if Greene is unable to make the tackle, he frequently goes for the strip. He also succeeds when blitzing, thanks to his quickness and flexibility. Greene is solid in zone coverage and has had experience at safety.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: Greene’s father, Raymond Graham, played football at Purdue, while his half-brother, Ray Graham, played at Pittsburgh. Ray, a running back, also is expected to be drafted next month. … In the 2011 Pinstripe Bowl, Greene suffered a broken ankle. The injury forced him to miss 2012 spring practices. In 2012, Greene totaled 136 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, and six sacks. In his 2011 junior season, when he earned Big East Co-Defensive Player of the Year honors, Greene registered 141 tackles, 14.5 for losses. … In his first two years of college football he played safety before moving to linebacker.
Related articles: nj.com: Khaseem Greene determined to improve NFL Draft stock
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...