NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Baylor WR Terrance Williams
|04.20.13 at 7:15 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
Weight: 208 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-America first team (unanimous), 2012 Biletnikoff Award finalist, 2012 All-Big 12 first team (coaches), 2011 All-Big 12 honorable mention (coaches)
What he brings: Williams’ height has helped him with potential jump balls in the red zone. NFL.com notes that he is good at shaking his defender off the line and credits him with the speed to gain a step down the sideline. It is also being said that Williams tracks the ball and adjusts to it in the air, and has showcased the ability to stop and turn for the back-shoulder fade. CBS Sports points out Williams’ blocking ability and his efforts in route adjustments. Some scouts have compared him to Ravens receiver Torrey Smith.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2
Notes: Williams will leave Baylor with eight school records to his name, including career all-purpose yards (4,693), single-season receiving yards (1,832 in 2012), single-season yards per game (140.9 in 2012), single game receptions (17 in 2012), and single-game receiving yards (314 in 2012). His 2012 receiving yards and yards per game total also led the entire nation.
Related Articles: profootballweekly.com: Terrance Williams continues success of Baylor WRs
Video: Here’s a closer look at Williams with some analysis.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...