NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore
|04.21.13 at 7:30 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to provide daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Running back
School: South Carolina
Weight: 221 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-SEC honorable mention (media), 2011 All-SEC second team (media, coaches), 2010 SEC Freshman of the Year (media, coaches), 2010 All-SEC first team (media, coaches)
What he brings: Numerous scouts have noted Lattimore’s field vision and quick feet. It has also been said that Lattimore is a solid receiver with good hands and is good at blocking and protecting the quarterback when needed. CBSSports.com also notes his ability to break tackles and his strong work ethic.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 4 or 5
Notes: In 2012, Lattimore set the University of South Carolina school record for career touchdowns (34). Also that season, he suffered a severe knee injury against Tennessee, ending his season early for the second consecutive season. In the 2011 season Lattimore ranked near the top of both the SEC and country in rushing yards per game (116.9).
Related articles: Colts.com: Horrific knee injury motivates Marcus Lattimore
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?