NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore
|04.21.13 at 7:30 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to provide daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Running back
School: South Carolina
Weight: 221 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-SEC honorable mention (media), 2011 All-SEC second team (media, coaches), 2010 SEC Freshman of the Year (media, coaches), 2010 All-SEC first team (media, coaches)
What he brings: Numerous scouts have noted Lattimore’s field vision and quick feet. It has also been said that Lattimore is a solid receiver with good hands and is good at blocking and protecting the quarterback when needed. CBSSports.com also notes his ability to break tackles and his strong work ethic.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 4 or 5
Notes: In 2012, Lattimore set the University of South Carolina school record for career touchdowns (34). Also that season, he suffered a severe knee injury against Tennessee, ending his season early for the second consecutive season. In the 2011 season Lattimore ranked near the top of both the SEC and country in rushing yards per game (116.9).
Related articles: Colts.com: Horrific knee injury motivates Marcus Lattimore
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal