Nick Caserio talks about removal of Darrelle Revis from Jets secondary
|04.22.13 at 9:27 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The trade of Darrelle Revis from the Jets to Tampa Bay will have an impact throughout football, but most notably in the AFC East, where the Bills, Dolphins and Patriots now won’t have to face the All-Pro corner twice a year.
Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio talked about the removal of Revis from the New York secondary on Monday afternoon and what it means in New England.
“You’re cognizant of it,” Caserio said when asked about the ramifications of Revis going from New York to Tampa. “I think you have some degree of understanding, but I think the focus of it right now is really more on your team and our team and just the draft preparation of what we’re going to do.
“Darrelle is a great player. There’s no question about it. I think the Jets will do what they can. They’ll put a good team out there, whoever we end up playing, whoever is on the field, they’ll be good players, and we’ll have to make sure that we’re prepared for that. We’re going to have to face him, it looks like, some time this season when we play Tampa Bay. He won’t be too far from us.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos
- Despite First Loss, Pats Still in Driver's Seat for AFC's No. 1 Seed
- Pats' Super Bowl Hopes May Hinge on Gronk's Status