Nick Caserio talks about removal of Darrelle Revis from Jets secondary
|04.22.13 at 9:27 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The trade of Darrelle Revis from the Jets to Tampa Bay will have an impact throughout football, but most notably in the AFC East, where the Bills, Dolphins and Patriots now won’t have to face the All-Pro corner twice a year.
Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio talked about the removal of Revis from the New York secondary on Monday afternoon and what it means in New England.
“You’re cognizant of it,” Caserio said when asked about the ramifications of Revis going from New York to Tampa. “I think you have some degree of understanding, but I think the focus of it right now is really more on your team and our team and just the draft preparation of what we’re going to do.
“Darrelle is a great player. There’s no question about it. I think the Jets will do what they can. They’ll put a good team out there, whoever we end up playing, whoever is on the field, they’ll be good players, and we’ll have to make sure that we’re prepared for that. We’re going to have to face him, it looks like, some time this season when we play Tampa Bay. He won’t be too far from us.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It