Bills make EJ Manuel first quarterback taken in draft
|04.25.13 at 10:09 pm ET|
The Bills made Florida State’s EJ Manuel the first quarterback taken Thursday night, drafting him with the 16th overall pick.
Buffalo opted for the 6-foot-4 5/8, 237-pounder over the likes of Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib, both of whom were linked to the Bills throughout the pre-draft process. Manuel has accuracy issues, which could be a big problem at the next level.
The pick was acquired from the Rams in a trade for the eighth overall pick, which St. Louis used to select Tavon Austin.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know