Bills make EJ Manuel first quarterback taken in draft
|04.25.13 at 10:09 pm ET|
The Bills made Florida State’s EJ Manuel the first quarterback taken Thursday night, drafting him with the 16th overall pick.
Buffalo opted for the 6-foot-4 5/8, 237-pounder over the likes of Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib, both of whom were linked to the Bills throughout the pre-draft process. Manuel has accuracy issues, which could be a big problem at the next level.
The pick was acquired from the Rams in a trade for the eighth overall pick, which St. Louis used to select Tavon Austin.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL