Browns draft Barkevious Mingo sixth overall
|04.25.13 at 8:59 pm ET|
The Browns selected LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo with the sixth overall pick of Thursday night’s NFL Draft.
Cleveland has been a potential landing spot for one of the draft’s quarterbacks, but the Browns clearly believed the top 10 was too early for someone like Geno Smith out of West Virginia.
The 6-foot-4 2/8, 241-pound Mingo becomes the third pass-rusher drafted in the first six picks of the draft (Dion Jordan went third overall to the Dolphins and Ezekial Ansah went fifth to the Dolphins), with offensive tackles going with the other three.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves
- Dobson Will Be in the Fight of His Life for a Roster Spot in 2016