Browns draft Barkevious Mingo sixth overall
|04.25.13 at 8:59 pm ET|
The Browns selected LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo with the sixth overall pick of Thursday night’s NFL Draft.
Cleveland has been a potential landing spot for one of the draft’s quarterbacks, but the Browns clearly believed the top 10 was too early for someone like Geno Smith out of West Virginia.
The 6-foot-4 2/8, 241-pound Mingo becomes the third pass-rusher drafted in the first six picks of the draft (Dion Jordan went third overall to the Dolphins and Ezekial Ansah went fifth to the Dolphins), with offensive tackles going with the other three.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England