Browns draft Barkevious Mingo sixth overall
|04.25.13 at 8:59 pm ET|
The Browns selected LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo with the sixth overall pick of Thursday night’s NFL Draft.
Cleveland has been a potential landing spot for one of the draft’s quarterbacks, but the Browns clearly believed the top 10 was too early for someone like Geno Smith out of West Virginia.
The 6-foot-4 2/8, 241-pound Mingo becomes the third pass-rusher drafted in the first six picks of the draft (Dion Jordan went third overall to the Dolphins and Ezekial Ansah went fifth to the Dolphins), with offensive tackles going with the other three.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 12 Loss
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos