Browns draft Barkevious Mingo sixth overall
|04.25.13 at 8:59 pm ET|
The Browns selected LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo with the sixth overall pick of Thursday night’s NFL Draft.
Cleveland has been a potential landing spot for one of the draft’s quarterbacks, but the Browns clearly believed the top 10 was too early for someone like Geno Smith out of West Virginia.
The 6-foot-4 2/8, 241-pound Mingo becomes the third pass-rusher drafted in the first six picks of the draft (Dion Jordan went third overall to the Dolphins and Ezekial Ansah went fifth to the Dolphins), with offensive tackles going with the other three.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE