Browns draft Barkevious Mingo sixth overall
|04.25.13 at 8:59 pm ET|
The Browns selected LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo with the sixth overall pick of Thursday night’s NFL Draft.
Cleveland has been a potential landing spot for one of the draft’s quarterbacks, but the Browns clearly believed the top 10 was too early for someone like Geno Smith out of West Virginia.
The 6-foot-4 2/8, 241-pound Mingo becomes the third pass-rusher drafted in the first six picks of the draft (Dion Jordan went third overall to the Dolphins and Ezekial Ansah went fifth to the Dolphins), with offensive tackles going with the other three.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats