Chiefs choose Eric Fisher first overall
|04.25.13 at 8:19 pm ET|
The Chiefs chose Central Michigan left tackle Eric Fisher with the first overall pick of the NFL Draft Thursday night, confirming week-long speculation that they would take Fisher over Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel.
Joeckel was long believed to be the first player chosen, but he and Fisher, who stands at 6-foot-7 2/8 to Joeckel’s 6-foot-6, were neck and neck throughout the pre-draft process.
The selection of Fisher gives the Chiefs a left tackle of the future, as the team franchised current starter Branden Albert this offseason. Albert could potentially be moved to the right side, or they could trade him, with the latter appearing to be the more likely scenario.
- The New England Patriots now control their destiny in the AFC playoff...
- 2013 Week 14 Patriots Power Rankings
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers