Chiefs choose Eric Fisher first overall
|04.25.13 at 8:19 pm ET|
The Chiefs chose Central Michigan left tackle Eric Fisher with the first overall pick of the NFL Draft Thursday night, confirming week-long speculation that they would take Fisher over Texas A&M tackle Luke Joeckel.
Joeckel was long believed to be the first player chosen, but he and Fisher, who stands at 6-foot-7 2/8 to Joeckel’s 6-foot-6, were neck and neck throughout the pre-draft process.
The selection of Fisher gives the Chiefs a left tackle of the future, as the team franchised current starter Branden Albert this offseason. Albert could potentially be moved to the right side, or they could trade him, with the latter appearing to be the more likely scenario.
2015 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2015 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Must Move to Re-Sign Connolly
- Realistic Trade Partners for Patriots in NFL Draft
- Patriots Rapid-Fire Predictions for NFL Draft
- Making Pats' Case for Jordan Phillips
- Potential Day One Starters for the Patriots
- Why Easley Is Patriots' Most Overlooked Starter
- Best, Worst Case Scenarios for Pats' Top 3 Picks