D.J. Hayden goes 12th to Raiders
|04.25.13 at 9:40 pm ET|
The Raiders took Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden 12th overall Thursday, completing Hayden’s remarkable recovery from a life-threatening injury sustained in practice in September.
Hayden was playing in just his second FBS season when a collision with a teammate resulted in a torn inferior vena cava, an injury normally suffered in high-speed car accidents. His stock rose as more teams became aware of him and saw tape of him at Houston, as he went from a potential late-round pick to the 12th player taken in the draft.
For our story on Hayden from the Combine, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England