D.J. Hayden goes 12th to Raiders
|04.25.13 at 9:40 pm ET|
The Raiders took Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden 12th overall Thursday, completing Hayden’s remarkable recovery from a life-threatening injury sustained in practice in September.
Hayden was playing in just his second FBS season when a collision with a teammate resulted in a torn inferior vena cava, an injury normally suffered in high-speed car accidents. His stock rose as more teams became aware of him and saw tape of him at Houston, as he went from a potential late-round pick to the 12th player taken in the draft.
For our story on Hayden from the Combine, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video