D.J. Hayden goes 12th to Raiders
|04.25.13 at 9:40 pm ET|
The Raiders took Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden 12th overall Thursday, completing Hayden’s remarkable recovery from a life-threatening injury sustained in practice in September.
Hayden was playing in just his second FBS season when a collision with a teammate resulted in a torn inferior vena cava, an injury normally suffered in high-speed car accidents. His stock rose as more teams became aware of him and saw tape of him at Houston, as he went from a potential late-round pick to the 12th player taken in the draft.
For our story on Hayden from the Combine, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick