D.J. Hayden goes 12th to Raiders
|04.25.13 at 9:40 pm ET|
The Raiders took Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden 12th overall Thursday, completing Hayden’s remarkable recovery from a life-threatening injury sustained in practice in September.
Hayden was playing in just his second FBS season when a collision with a teammate resulted in a torn inferior vena cava, an injury normally suffered in high-speed car accidents. His stock rose as more teams became aware of him and saw tape of him at Houston, as he went from a potential late-round pick to the 12th player taken in the draft.
For our story on Hayden from the Combine, click here.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Jamie Collins Is the New England Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free...
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble