Patriots trade out, ship No. 29 to Vikings
|04.25.13 at 11:24 pm ET|
The Patriots traded out of the 29th overall pick Thursday night, swinging a deal with the Vikings that netted New England four picks in this year’s draft. With the selection — the Vikings’ third first-round pick of the draft — Minnesota took Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and became the first team since the 2001 Rams to select three players in the first round.
In exchange for No. 29, the Patriots received Minnesota’s picks in the second-round (No. 52), third round (No. 83), fourth round (No. 102) and seventh round (No. 229).
The Pats will next be on the clock with the 52nd pick. They also hold their own second-round pick, which is the 59th overall selection.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?