Patriots trade out, ship No. 29 to Vikings
|04.25.13 at 11:24 pm ET|
The Patriots traded out of the 29th overall pick Thursday night, swinging a deal with the Vikings that netted New England four picks in this year’s draft. With the selection — the Vikings’ third first-round pick of the draft — Minnesota took Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and became the first team since the 2001 Rams to select three players in the first round.
In exchange for No. 29, the Patriots received Minnesota’s picks in the second-round (No. 52), third round (No. 83), fourth round (No. 102) and seventh round (No. 229).
The Pats will next be on the clock with the 52nd pick. They also hold their own second-round pick, which is the 59th overall selection.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick