Patriots trade out, ship No. 29 to Vikings
|04.25.13 at 11:24 pm ET|
The Patriots traded out of the 29th overall pick Thursday night, swinging a deal with the Vikings that netted New England four picks in this year’s draft. With the selection — the Vikings’ third first-round pick of the draft — Minnesota took Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and became the first team since the 2001 Rams to select three players in the first round.
In exchange for No. 29, the Patriots received Minnesota’s picks in the second-round (No. 52), third round (No. 83), fourth round (No. 102) and seventh round (No. 229).
The Pats will next be on the clock with the 52nd pick. They also hold their own second-round pick, which is the 59th overall selection.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots