Patriots trade out, ship No. 29 to Vikings
|04.25.13 at 11:24 pm ET|
The Patriots traded out of the 29th overall pick Thursday night, swinging a deal with the Vikings that netted New England four picks in this year’s draft. With the selection — the Vikings’ third first-round pick of the draft — Minnesota took Tennessee receiver Cordarrelle Patterson and became the first team since the 2001 Rams to select three players in the first round.
In exchange for No. 29, the Patriots received Minnesota’s picks in the second-round (No. 52), third round (No. 83), fourth round (No. 102) and seventh round (No. 229).
The Pats will next be on the clock with the 52nd pick. They also hold their own second-round pick, which is the 59th overall selection.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Stats the Patriots Must Improve in 2014
- Cuts That Could Create Serious Cap Space for Pats
- Bargain Guide to Patriots' Offseason
- State of the Patriots at Start of 2014 Offseason
- Patriots 2014 Mock Draft with Scouting Profiles
- Manning Deserves Appreciation in Patriot Nation
- Patriots' Initial 2014 Draft Big Board