Rams trade up for Tavon Austin to replace Danny Amendola
|04.25.13 at 9:09 pm ET|
The Rams traded up from the 16th overall pick to the eighth pick in a trade with the Bills Thursday night to select West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin.
Austin is a logical option for the Rams, who lost Danny Amendola to the Patriots in free agency. The 5-foot-8 4/8, 250-pounder ran a 4.30 second 40-yard dash at the Combine and projects to be a dangerous slot receiver in the NFL.
The Rams became the first team to select a skill position player, as offensive and defensive linemen went with the first seven picks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself