Rams trade up for Tavon Austin to replace Danny Amendola
|04.25.13 at 9:09 pm ET|
The Rams traded up from the 16th overall pick to the eighth pick in a trade with the Bills Thursday night to select West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin.
Austin is a logical option for the Rams, who lost Danny Amendola to the Patriots in free agency. The 5-foot-8 4/8, 250-pounder ran a 4.30 second 40-yard dash at the Combine and projects to be a dangerous slot receiver in the NFL.
The Rams became the first team to select a skill position player, as offensive and defensive linemen went with the first seven picks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract