Rams trade up for Tavon Austin to replace Danny Amendola
|04.25.13 at 9:09 pm ET|
The Rams traded up from the 16th overall pick to the eighth pick in a trade with the Bills Thursday night to select West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin.
Austin is a logical option for the Rams, who lost Danny Amendola to the Patriots in free agency. The 5-foot-8 4/8, 250-pounder ran a 4.30 second 40-yard dash at the Combine and projects to be a dangerous slot receiver in the NFL.
The Rams became the first team to select a skill position player, as offensive and defensive linemen went with the first seven picks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video