Rams trade up for Tavon Austin to replace Danny Amendola
|04.25.13 at 9:09 pm ET|
The Rams traded up from the 16th overall pick to the eighth pick in a trade with the Bills Thursday night to select West Virginia receiver Tavon Austin.
Austin is a logical option for the Rams, who lost Danny Amendola to the Patriots in free agency. The 5-foot-8 4/8, 250-pounder ran a 4.30 second 40-yard dash at the Combine and projects to be a dangerous slot receiver in the NFL.
The Rams became the first team to select a skill position player, as offensive and defensive linemen went with the first seven picks.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye