Ravens take Matt Elam to close first round
|04.25.13 at 11:47 pm ET|
The Ravens closed out the first round of this year’s NFL Draft by taking Florida safety Matt Elam with the 32nd overall pick. Elam models his game after Ed Reed, who left Baltimore to sign with the Texans in free agency.
Prior to the pick, the Rams took Georgia inside linebacker Alec Ogletree with pick No. 30, while Wisconsin center Travis Frederick went 31st overall to the Cowboys.
Ogletree likely wouldn’t have fallen as far as he did were it not for character issues, as he reportedly didn’t make a good impression at the combine regarding his DUI during the pre-draft process. Notre Dame inside linebacker Manti Te’o was not selected in the first round.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...