Ravens take Matt Elam to close first round
|04.25.13 at 11:47 pm ET|
The Ravens closed out the first round of this year’s NFL Draft by taking Florida safety Matt Elam with the 32nd overall pick. Elam models his game after Ed Reed, who left Baltimore to sign with the Texans in free agency.
Prior to the pick, the Rams took Georgia inside linebacker Alec Ogletree with pick No. 30, while Wisconsin center Travis Frederick went 31st overall to the Cowboys.
Ogletree likely wouldn’t have fallen as far as he did were it not for character issues, as he reportedly didn’t make a good impression at the combine regarding his DUI during the pre-draft process. Notre Dame inside linebacker Manti Te’o was not selected in the first round.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed