Steelers draft Jarvis Jones, 49ers trade up for Eric Reid
|04.25.13 at 10:16 pm ET|
The Steelers took Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones 17th overall, giving them a reliable pass-rusher who had 14.5 sacks last season.
Following Jones’ selection, the 49ers moved up from No. 31 to No. 18 to take LSU safety Eric Reid. The pick fills a major need, and San Francisco clearly wasn’t comfortable waiting to see if he’d be there at the end of the first round after Kenny Vaccaro was already off the board.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL