Steelers draft Jarvis Jones, 49ers trade up for Eric Reid
|04.25.13 at 10:16 pm ET|
The Steelers took Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones 17th overall, giving them a reliable pass-rusher who had 14.5 sacks last season.
Following Jones’ selection, the 49ers moved up from No. 31 to No. 18 to take LSU safety Eric Reid. The pick fills a major need, and San Francisco clearly wasn’t comfortable waiting to see if he’d be there at the end of the first round after Kenny Vaccaro was already off the board.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal