Steelers draft Jarvis Jones, 49ers trade up for Eric Reid
|04.25.13 at 10:16 pm ET|
The Steelers took Georgia outside linebacker Jarvis Jones 17th overall, giving them a reliable pass-rusher who had 14.5 sacks last season.
Following Jones’ selection, the 49ers moved up from No. 31 to No. 18 to take LSU safety Eric Reid. The pick fills a major need, and San Francisco clearly wasn’t comfortable waiting to see if he’d be there at the end of the first round after Kenny Vaccaro was already off the board.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself