Vikings take Shariff Floyd, Xavier Rhodes while Colts get Bjoern Werner
|04.25.13 at 10:55 pm ET|
The Vikings ended Shariff Floyd‘s fall by selecting the Florida defensive tackle with the 23rd overall pick Thursday. Floyd was believed by many to be a top-10 pick, but the run on offensive linemen and defensive ends early allowed him to slip all the way to No. 23.
Two picks later, Minnesota took physical Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who was projected to the Patriots in WEEI’s final mock draft. In between the two Minnesota picks (the Vikings received pick No. 25 from the Seahawks in the trade for Percy Harvin), the Colts took Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye