Vikings take Shariff Floyd, Xavier Rhodes while Colts get Bjoern Werner
|04.25.13 at 10:55 pm ET|
The Vikings ended Shariff Floyd‘s fall by selecting the Florida defensive tackle with the 23rd overall pick Thursday. Floyd was believed by many to be a top-10 pick, but the run on offensive linemen and defensive ends early allowed him to slip all the way to No. 23.
Two picks later, Minnesota took physical Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who was projected to the Patriots in WEEI’s final mock draft. In between the two Minnesota picks (the Vikings received pick No. 25 from the Seahawks in the trade for Percy Harvin), the Colts took Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades