Vikings take Shariff Floyd, Xavier Rhodes while Colts get Bjoern Werner
|04.25.13 at 10:55 pm ET|
The Vikings ended Shariff Floyd‘s fall by selecting the Florida defensive tackle with the 23rd overall pick Thursday. Floyd was believed by many to be a top-10 pick, but the run on offensive linemen and defensive ends early allowed him to slip all the way to No. 23.
Two picks later, Minnesota took physical Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who was projected to the Patriots in WEEI’s final mock draft. In between the two Minnesota picks (the Vikings received pick No. 25 from the Seahawks in the trade for Percy Harvin), the Colts took Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...