Vikings take Shariff Floyd, Xavier Rhodes while Colts get Bjoern Werner
|04.25.13 at 10:55 pm ET|
The Vikings ended Shariff Floyd‘s fall by selecting the Florida defensive tackle with the 23rd overall pick Thursday. Floyd was believed by many to be a top-10 pick, but the run on offensive linemen and defensive ends early allowed him to slip all the way to No. 23.
Two picks later, Minnesota took physical Florida State cornerback Xavier Rhodes, who was projected to the Patriots in WEEI’s final mock draft. In between the two Minnesota picks (the Vikings received pick No. 25 from the Seahawks in the trade for Percy Harvin), the Colts took Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction