Patriots draft Aaron Dobson 59th overall
|04.26.13 at 8:36 pm ET|
The Patriots used the 59th overall pick on Marshall wide receiver Aaron Dobson.
As a senior, Dobson had 57 receptions for 679 yards and three touchdowns, though he had 12 touchdown receptions as a junior. Perhaps his most impressive stat is that he had zero drops on 92 targets as a senior.
Given the Patriots’ need for an outside receiver, Dobson should be a strong fit. He stands at 6-foot-2 6/8 and 210 pounds, runs in the 4.4 range and has terrific hands. He is the highest wide receiver the team has drafted since Chad Jackson, who went 36th overall in the 2006 draft.
For the full scouting report and stats on Dobson, click here. Or you can watch an absolutely insane catch he made below.
For more on the Patriots, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...