Patriots draft Aaron Dobson 59th overall
|04.26.13 at 8:36 pm ET|
The Patriots used the 59th overall pick on Marshall wide receiver Aaron Dobson.
As a senior, Dobson had 57 receptions for 679 yards and three touchdowns, though he had 12 touchdown receptions as a junior. Perhaps his most impressive stat is that he had zero drops on 92 targets as a senior.
Given the Patriots’ need for an outside receiver, Dobson should be a strong fit. He stands at 6-foot-2 6/8 and 210 pounds, runs in the 4.4 range and has terrific hands. He is the highest wide receiver the team has drafted since Chad Jackson, who went 36th overall in the 2006 draft.
For the full scouting report and stats on Dobson, click here. Or you can watch an absolutely insane catch he made below.
For more on the Patriots, visit weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England