Patriots select their third Rutgers product, take LB Steve Beauharnais with final pick
|04.27.13 at 6:51 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots continued in their theme of selecting Rutgers products by closing out the draft and picking inside linebacker Steve Beauharnais with the 235th pick overall. Beauharnais joins defensive backs Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon as draft picks who played their college ball at Rutgers.
Beauharnais didn’t receive the same attention as teammate Khaseem Greene, but scouts consider Beauharnais a solid interior presence against the run, who can find ways of getting into the backfield.
Beauharnais is considered solid and durable, with good strength in his upper and lower body. Scouts say he plays with good pad level and bend between the tackles, making him able to take on running backs and approaching blockers in the hole.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye