Patriots select their third Rutgers product, take LB Steve Beauharnais with final pick
|04.27.13 at 6:51 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots continued in their theme of selecting Rutgers products by closing out the draft and picking inside linebacker Steve Beauharnais with the 235th pick overall. Beauharnais joins defensive backs Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon as draft picks who played their college ball at Rutgers.
Beauharnais didn’t receive the same attention as teammate Khaseem Greene, but scouts consider Beauharnais a solid interior presence against the run, who can find ways of getting into the backfield.
Beauharnais is considered solid and durable, with good strength in his upper and lower body. Scouts say he plays with good pad level and bend between the tackles, making him able to take on running backs and approaching blockers in the hole.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL