Patriots select wide receiver Josh Boyce out of TCU in fourth round
|04.27.13 at 12:38 pm ET|
FOXBORO — With their only fourth-round pick of the 2013 draft, the Patriots selected wide receiver Josh Boyce with the 102nd overall selection on Saturday. A 5-foot-11, 206-pounder out of TCU, Boyce had 161 catches for 2,535 yards and 22 touchdowns in his three seasons as a collegian, including 66 catches last year.
The thing that stands out about Boyce is his physical mesaurables: he was a freak at the combine, dominating the wide receiver group across the board. He was the only receiver to rank in the top four in the 40 (4.38) and bench press (22 reps). In addition, he finished in the top four among receivers in five out of the seven main categories (40, bench press, broad jump, 3-cone drill, and 60-yard shuffle).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied