Jets release Tim Tebow
|04.29.13 at 8:38 am ET|
The Tim Tebow era is over in New York, as the Jets announced Monday that the quarterback has been waived.
“We have a great deal of respect for Tim Tebow,” Jets coach Rex Ryan said in a statement issued by the team Monday morning. “Unfortunately, things did not work out the way we all had hoped. Tim is an extremely hard worker, evident by the shape he came back in this offseason. We wish him the best moving forward.”
The 6-foot-3, 236-pound Tebow, who spent one season in New York (and cost the Jets a fourth- and sixth-round pick as part of a trade with the Broncos), never saw serious playing time as a signal-caller, mixing in occasionally on special teams and other areas on the offensive side of the ball. In 2012, he played in 12 games (starting two) and was 6-for-8 for 39 yards. He also had 32 carries for 102 yards.
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?