Jets release Tim Tebow
|04.29.13 at 8:38 am ET|
The Tim Tebow era is over in New York, as the Jets announced Monday that the quarterback has been waived.
“We have a great deal of respect for Tim Tebow,” Jets coach Rex Ryan said in a statement issued by the team Monday morning. “Unfortunately, things did not work out the way we all had hoped. Tim is an extremely hard worker, evident by the shape he came back in this offseason. We wish him the best moving forward.”
The 6-foot-3, 236-pound Tebow, who spent one season in New York (and cost the Jets a fourth- and sixth-round pick as part of a trade with the Broncos), never saw serious playing time as a signal-caller, mixing in occasionally on special teams and other areas on the offensive side of the ball. In 2012, he played in 12 games (starting two) and was 6-for-8 for 39 yards. He also had 32 carries for 102 yards.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick