Poll: Should Patriots pursue Tim Tebow?
|04.29.13 at 11:12 am ET|
Tim Tebow was released by the Jets on Monday, just over a year after New York acquired him from the Broncos. There has been some speculation that the Patriots might have an interest in signing Tebow.
There are some obvious connections, as Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels was coaching the Broncos when Denver drafted Tebow, and Bill Belichick is known to have a good relationship with Tebow’s former college coach at Florida, Urban Meyer. Aside from that, Tebow could give the Patriots offense another dynamic with his ability to run the wildcat.
Working against Tebow is the fact that his presence can be a distraction for a team, as was the case in New York. Plus, Tebow has indicated he wants to get regular snaps at quarterback rather than be a part-time contributor.
Should there have been a penalty called in the end zone on the last play of the Monday night game between the Patriots and Panthers?
- Yes, the officials blew it and robbed the Patriots. (88%, 1,307 Votes)
- No, the non-call was the right one. Besides, the Patriots had plenty of other chances to win and let things slip away. (12%, 186 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,493
- New England Patriots Links 12/12/13 - Jamie Collins Growing into...
- Coping With Loss: the Rob Gronkowski Edition
- New England Patriots Links 12/11/13 - Can Mental Toughness Overcome...
- No Lead, No Problem
- Patriots vs. Browns: By the Numbers
- Offensive Fallout: Touch Percentage
- Patriots vs. Ravens Flexed Out of Primetime for Week 16