Robert Kraft on Jason Collins: ‘My hearty congratulations to him’
|05.02.13 at 4:02 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots owner Robert Kraft was asked Thursday about his thoughts regarding the recent announcement by Jason Collins, and what that meant for the world of professional sports as well as what sort of a reaction a gay player might get in New England.
“My hearty congratulations to [him],” he said Thursday afternoon. “I think 10 years from now, people won’t even talk about it. We’re about winning, and [if] someone can come in here and help us win, I don’t care what ethnic background, what racial background, what gender preference they have, if they can help us win and they’re about team, then I’ll be happy to have them here.
“I think we’re living in a world where … there are no boundaries anymore. No borders. We’re connected by technology. I don’t like what’s going on in Washington with this partisanship on both sides. I think we overcome it by being as understanding and welcoming all points of view and good human beings. So good luck to him.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know