Report: Bill Belichick, Greg Schiano will get coaching staffs together
|05.03.13 at 7:24 pm ET|
The relationship between Bill Belichick and Greg Schiano continues to deepen.
The coaches of the Patriots and Buccaneers — who have already
demonstrated that they are total football BFF’s — have apparently decided to bring together the New England and Tampa Bay coaching staffs next week in Foxboro to talk about football matters. According to Don Banks of SI.com, the staffs will get together to review coaching topics and techniques.
This comes in the wake of the Patriots’ decision to draft three players (and add one undrafted free agent) from Schiano’s former program at Rutgers late last month. In addition, Belichick and Schiano have become fairly frequent trade partners over the last year-plus, and Belichick’s son Stephen played for Schiano while he was a member of the Rutgers football program.
The get-together between the coaching staffs won’t be first time the two teams have worked together: Belichick took the Patriots down to Tampa Bay prior to their preseason game against the Bucs in 2012 to take part in joint practices, and the two sides are expected to do the same this summer in advance of a preseason contest between the two teams.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England