Report: Bill Belichick, Greg Schiano will get coaching staffs together
|05.03.13 at 7:24 pm ET|
The relationship between Bill Belichick and Greg Schiano continues to deepen.
The coaches of the Patriots and Buccaneers — who have already
demonstrated that they are total football BFF’s — have apparently decided to bring together the New England and Tampa Bay coaching staffs next week in Foxboro to talk about football matters. According to Don Banks of SI.com, the staffs will get together to review coaching topics and techniques.
This comes in the wake of the Patriots’ decision to draft three players (and add one undrafted free agent) from Schiano’s former program at Rutgers late last month. In addition, Belichick and Schiano have become fairly frequent trade partners over the last year-plus, and Belichick’s son Stephen played for Schiano while he was a member of the Rutgers football program.
The get-together between the coaching staffs won’t be first time the two teams have worked together: Belichick took the Patriots down to Tampa Bay prior to their preseason game against the Bucs in 2012 to take part in joint practices, and the two sides are expected to do the same this summer in advance of a preseason contest between the two teams.
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings