Report: Bill Belichick, Greg Schiano will get coaching staffs together
|05.03.13 at 7:24 pm ET|
The relationship between Bill Belichick and Greg Schiano continues to deepen.
The coaches of the Patriots and Buccaneers — who have already
demonstrated that they are total football BFF’s — have apparently decided to bring together the New England and Tampa Bay coaching staffs next week in Foxboro to talk about football matters. According to Don Banks of SI.com, the staffs will get together to review coaching topics and techniques.
This comes in the wake of the Patriots’ decision to draft three players (and add one undrafted free agent) from Schiano’s former program at Rutgers late last month. In addition, Belichick and Schiano have become fairly frequent trade partners over the last year-plus, and Belichick’s son Stephen played for Schiano while he was a member of the Rutgers football program.
The get-together between the coaching staffs won’t be first time the two teams have worked together: Belichick took the Patriots down to Tampa Bay prior to their preseason game against the Bucs in 2012 to take part in joint practices, and the two sides are expected to do the same this summer in advance of a preseason contest between the two teams.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?