Patriots release rookie free agents Quentin Hines, Ian Sluss
|05.06.13 at 5:30 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Monday they have released rookie free agents Quentin Hines and linebacker Ian Sluss.
Hines, 22, began his college career at Cincinnati in 2008 and appeared in one game in 2009 after redshirting in 2008. The 5-11, 190-pounder missed the 2010 and 2011 seasons before finishing his career in 2012 at Akron.
Sluss, 23, earned All-Big Sky Conference honors in 2012 and was also selected as the Portland State team MVP after leading the team with 104 tackles, with four interceptions and four fumble recoveries. The 6-foot, 225-pounder played two seasons at the University of Redlands before transferring to Portland State and redshirting in 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England