Terrell Owens: Playing for Patriots would be ‘no-brainer’
|05.06.13 at 12:19 pm ET|
Terrell Owens spent some time this offseason working out with Tom Brady, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to be signing with the Patriots anytime soon — although he certainly wouldn’t pass up the chance.
Speaking with BlindsideFootball.com, the occasionally controversial wide receiver talked about his recent sessions with Brady, as well as the possibility of him signing with New England.
‘I think that’s a no-brainer,’ Owens said. ‘You look at what they’ve done over the years. Under the tutelage of Tom and Coach [Bill] Belichick, I think the sky would be the limit in terms of what I’d be able to do, considering my body of work and my history of playing the game.’
But Owens said his connection with Brady was more happenstance than the result of an actual planned get-together.
‘We happened to be on the same field at the same time and it obviously created a big buzz with the two of us being on the field throwing the football around,’ Owens said. ‘There was really nothing organized about it as far as me trying to get with the Patriots or him pursuing me or anything like that. It just happened to be us being out there on the same field at the same time.’
Owens, 39, last caught a regular-season pass while with the Bengals in 2010, but has 1,078 receptions over the course of his career.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats